Regional Campaigners Meeting Action Points
Thanks to all for coming along to last week’s Regional Campaigners Meeting. Below are just some of the action points from the meeting:
- On 26th September (UN Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons), Yorkshire CND and MHAC are co-organising protests outside both Fylingdales & Menwith Hill. We are encouraging people to drive up to Fylingdales for 12 noon for a two hour event and then we will proceed to go to Menwith Hill where most people will meet up. The plan is to protest outside Menwith Hill for 4pm. We encourage everyone to bring tea to commemorate the tee-total elimination of nuclear weapons!
- Groups in Sheffield and Huddersfield will be mobilising for DSEI, as will others including Yorkshire CND. More info on Stop the Arms Fair website. Dates here: 6th – Stop Arming Israel
7th – No Faith in War
8th – Education Day
9th – tbc
19th – Climate Action
11th – Fest of Resistance
13th – Vigil at entrance to DSEI
14th – Tank the Arms Fair big day of action
15th – walk/vigils to highlight the arms companies in central London
- A new Menwith Hill Accountability Campaign report will be published and launched at the Friends Meeting House, Harrogate on 2 Oct at 3pm.
- Divestment day of action to be called in early October.
- Divestment skills-sharing workshop to be organised in October alongside climate divestment activists.
- Keep Space for Peace Week: The Global Network will hold a webinar, the theme of which will be the environmental effects of rocket launches and space ports. Exact details of the webinar are not available yet.
- The International Peace Bureau World Congress (Oct 15-17). Register online.
- National CND Annual General Meeting (16 Oct & 24 Oct).
- Yorkshire CND will be supporting demonstrations and actions around the COP 26, drawing links between the military and carbon emissions. We have yet to finalise any concrete plans, but here are two petitions to sign with more information: Stop Excluding Military Pollution from Climate Agreements (actionnetwork.org) & Governments: commit to meaningful military emissions cuts at COP26 | CEOBS