The Tory government have moved the Trident vote forward to this Monday, in the hope of exploiting the Labour Party’s division on the issue. Whatever MPs vote, Trident is illegal and immoral and we must resist it in every way we can.
Spending £205 billion of public money on new weapons of mass destruction while attacking the poor with austerity is intolerable. Let’s send the message loud and clear.
For a world free of nuclear weapons.
Meet 6pm, 18th July, City Square, Leeds, LS1 2ES
WE NEED YOUR HELP! So far, weather is predicted to be warm and dry, so we’re gonna broadcast the live debate in Parliament. But the demo will only be as good as we can all make it.
* help run an information stall or our food stall?
* Bring your band down to entertain?
* help run badge making sessions for kids? We have a fab badge-machine!
* Flier and speak to members of the public?
* Do teas and coffees? We can supply burco for hot water, mugs & stuff
* help us get our mock missile to town? – you’d need a car with a towbar
* help painting banners?
NEW demo in Hebden Bridge – 6pm, cross roads at Holme St/New Rd, opposite Holts
NEW demo in Sheffield 4.30pm outside the Town Hall