We are seeking a Finance and Admin worker in Yorkshire on a part time basis – 1.5 or 2 days a week.
Salary – up to £27,826 per annum pro rata – dependent on experience.
Working for: Yorkshire CND
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to cover some of the administration for Yorkshire Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. The successful applicant will work closely with an existing full-time member of staff, plus intern(s) and volunteers.
You will need to be able to manage, schedule and prioritise your own workload, and also contribute to the general work of the office as appropriate.
The position would suit somebody with experience in book-keeping, financial management and general administration in a small NGO or business.
- Handle the day to day bookkeeping (using QuickBooks), payment of bills and wages, issuing receipts etc.
- Prepare financial reports for the Treasurer and Coord.
- Assist in the preparation of funding bids.
- Help maintain the database of members and other contacts.
- Manage the Yorkshire CND merchandise.
- Carry out other administration duties to assist the Events and Campaigns Officer as required by the Yorkshire CND Co-ordinating Group
Skills and Experience
- Experience with book keeping and some form of financial management
- Ability to compile financial reports, budgets etc
- Relevant finance and admin experience in team setting
- Commitment to the aims of CND
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Resident in Yorkshire region or willing to relocate
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Sept. 6th
Interviews expected to be held: mid-Sept
If interested please write to us at: <email@example.com> with a letter presenting yourself and a summary CV.
LINES OF ACCOUNTABILITY
The postholder’s line manager will be the (full time) Events and Campaigns worker. Ultimately they will be responsible to the Yorkshire CND Co-ordinating Group (Coord), a body elected by the Annual General Meeting. The Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer will be available for support, advice and direction on a day-to-day basis and a management committee exists to support the worker and deal with problems and reviews.
All Yorkshire CND workers should work closely together as a team and support one another, as well as interns and volunteers.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The working week will be 37 hours (pro rata) and time off ‘in lieu’ will be given for attendance at evening / weekend meetings etc.
The work will be done from the Yorkshire CND office during agreed hours and on agreed days.
Agreed travel expenses will be payable for all travelling done in the course of duty. All staff are expected to use public transport wherever possible
Pension and sick pay arrangements for this post are as laid down by statute.
Nothing in this job description, conditions of service or contract as finally agreed can be changed unilaterally by either the Co-ordinating Committee or the worker. All such changes must be mutually agreed after due consultation. A dispute and grievance procedure will be agreed between the Campaigns Outreach Worker, the Co-ordinating Group and National CND.
All staff are encouraged to join the appropriate trade union.
Holiday entitlement will be 24 days paid holiday a year (pro rata), in addition to recognised public holidays.
Working conditions and pay are reviewed regularly. There will be an initial 6 month probationary period to be agreed, after which either the worker or the Co-ordinating Group will be free to end the contract.
Please note that Yorkshire CND is unable to act as a sponsoring organisation for the purpose of work permits and if you do not have a valid work permit to work in the UK we will not be able to employ you.